Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 4

On Friday night, my husband and I drove up to my parent's cabin outside of Lake George near Eleven Mile Reservoir. It's the perfect little cabin in the woods, and we enjoyed our time there Friday night and Saturday morning. However, the real reason we went up to the mountains this weekend was to see the glory of "Rocky Mountain Gold." If you have lived in Colorado for any period of time, you know what I am talking about. If you are confused right now, let me explain. Besides the abundance of pine trees in the mountains, there are also plenty of aspens, and in the autumn they turn a brilliant shade of gold that make the mountains glow. It only lasts for a couple of weeks each year, but it is worth it to find time to go up and see them. We enjoyed driving through the scenic valleys and slopes and then hiking up the Crags trail that is located on the back side of Pikes Peak. I am always filled with joy when I am surrounded by God's glorious creation. I cannot stop myself from praising the great creator God who filled our earth with so much diversity and beauty. He didn't have to make fall leaves change to beautiful colors before they dried up and fell down, but He did. What a privilege for us. Here are some pictures from the weekend. I don't have the best camera for shots like this, but you can get a taste of it at least. En"joy"!











No comments:

Post a Comment