Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 20

Tonight my husband and I have the privilege of having my brother and his girlfriend over for dinner. I have been looking forward to this all week, and I will tell you why. First of all, I love entertaining. I love having people over, feeding them good food, enjoying their fellowship, and getting to know them better. How much do I love entertaining? Well, I just spend 40 minutes setting the table. I know, I know that's a long time. But I had to try about half a dozen napkin folding masterpieces before deciding on the appropriate one, and then there was the trudge in the snow to retrieve some fall leaves, and then the big decision about which color fondue fork everyone would get (I'm serious). Yes, it was some work, but I enjoyed every minute of it and it is completely worth it if they feel welcomed and loved.

Second of all, I especially love hanging out with my brother, and now with his girlfriend as well. I am really looking forward to getting to know her better. The first time, and longest time, I have hung out with her we bonded through nearly starving to death in Denver after a Bronco's game. We just barely pulled through by eating Jelly Bellies and black market Burger King jr. whoppers. It was quite the adventure. Over the past few months I have interacted with her in more normal circumstances, and she has been lovely to get to know. We are planning on playing a funny/embarrassing game tonight, so that should cause good bonding as well. There's nothing like making fools of yourselves to really forge friendships.

Fun, laughter, friends, family and snow. What a perfect evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment