Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 10

It started out with four of us, I think. A small group to be sure, but enough. Most of us barely knew each other, but that would change soon enough. Our little group would grow, then shrink, then grow again as people came and went in life. It started out as a Bible/Christian book study, and technically it still is. But that's not why the little group meets every Tuesday. For the girls that go, Tuesday night Bible study is a time to share their lives with people who care, who listen, who empathize, even if they don't always understand. Women often don't want a solution to their problems as much as they just want to be able share them with a sympathetic ear, and that's what Tuesday night Bible study is. It's a time of laughter and fellowship, of tears and prayers. The prayer request/sharing time usually goes well over an hour to get through the five or six girls present. That's true fellowship, my friends. Christians coming along other Christians and encouraging them in their walk with Christ.

I had the privilege of being a part of the Tuesday night Bible study for two and a half years. During those years I had a lot of ups and downs, and those ladies were there with me through it all. They rejoiced with me and cried with me, and I with them. We didn't solve each others problems as much as help bear them. It was the closest group I have ever been a part of.

When I got married, my schedule had to get re-organized to compliment my role as a wife. I can't do everything that I did before I got married, because I need to spend time with my husband and work on building that relationship. Because of that, I bid a sad farewell to the Tuesday night Bible study. I still see most of the ladies at other points throughout the week, so I am able to keep the relationships going. And tonight it gives me great joy to visit the group once again. It's a special night, and I wanted to come back for it. I look forward to fellowshipping with those precious ladies once again, and being filled with joy in the presence of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment