Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 14

My goal in this post is to come up with a list of ten little joys that I have experienced today. As I am beginning to write this I don't have ten things already in mind, so we'll see how this goes. Of course, if I don't get to ten, I can just rewrite this intro and change the number : ) Enough babbling, here I go:

1) I started working on the reception decorations for a friend's wedding. I love weddings, I love helping with weddings, I love being in weddings, and I loved my own wedding. They bring me joy.

2) My husband was able to come home for lunch. There's nothing like seeing your best friend to brighten up a day. Sometimes I wonder if we will ever be able to spend enough time together, because it never seems like enough.

3) During lunch, we were able to eat up four left-overs. I had chili that was a week and a half old, so we'll see if I still consider that a joy later on : ) However, our refrigerator has been overflowing with left-overs for a while, despite our best efforts, so it was nice to clean it out and not waste that food.

4) I went shopping and got eggs on sale for a dollar a dozen. I love it whenever I get a good deal on anything, but getting eggs on sale is extra special to me for some reason. (Yes, I'm strange. Try to get over it.)

5) I heard one of my favorite songs on the radio while shopping. I had forgotten about this song despite it being one of my favorites, so I was happy to be reminded of its existence once again.

6) The tree outside of our apartment building is a beautiful shade of orange. I have always loved orange trees because they are so much more rare than yellow and red ones, especially in Colorado.

7) I enjoyed the sun wrapping my car in warmth as I drove. As the relentless grind toward winter continues, I know the days of being warm outside are slipping away.

8) I had a lovely cup of chai while working on the computer.

9) I had enough dishes to do a load in the dishwasher. Usually we hand wash our dishes. Ah, the little things in life.

10) I know this is future, but I know it will bring me joy. My husband and I are going over to my parent's house for dinner tonight, and it is always enjoyable to spend time with them.

Ha! I did it. You should consider trying it yourself, and see what comes up. I'd love for you to post your list in the comments section so that you can encourage others as well.

May your day be full of joy.

2 comments:

  1. 1. I got 8 hours of sleep last night (seems like quite a rare occurrence these days)

    2. I woke up 30 min early, on accident, thinking I had to be to work at 6:30 instead of 7, but joyfully realized the mistake before leaving, giving me 30 min to enjoy coffee and conversation with my husband

    3. I got to see the beautiful beginning of the sunrise as I was driving to work

    4. I only had to work 4 hours today, and it was doing my favorite thing - putting away the store order, organizing the back room and putting in the order for next week :)

    5. We got Thanksgiving blend coffee in today and I got to enjoy a french press of it with some of my favorite coworkers

    6. I also got to enjoy lunch with my husband! I agree Katie, it seems we can never be together long enough.

    7. I had to take my car in to replace the passenger side headlight for the 5th time... last time I was charged nearly $100 to fix two lights, this time I convinced them to do it for free!

    8. My husband swapped cars with me today so he could take mine and get it thoroughly cleaned inside and out - he's so good to me :) That will bring me joy for a while!

    9. I was able to park my husband's work truck PERFECTLY within the lines when I parked at the gym (on the fist try). I was very proud of myself :D

    10. My husband was not supposed to be home tonight until 9:30ish, but now he'll be home at 8 so I will be able to enjoy some delicious dinner and quality time with him before bed. Yay!

    P.S. Katie, I really like your blog! And I'm glad I can comment now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting, Nicole! I enjoyed reading your list, and I'm glad that you can comment now, too!

    ReplyDelete