Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 9

The music swelled, the people rose, and like a whispered prayer, the song began:

I want to be close, close to your side
So heaven is real, and death is a lie
I want to see angels singing above
Singing as one...

And suddenly I was acutely aware of how small and pathetic I was. As the worship leader had just reminded us, we are faint and grow weary. We have good intentions to have a longer, more consistent quiet time, we have good intentions to pray more, and we have good intentions to not stumble in sin time and time again. But more often then not, we don't do it. We are weak. We are human. We are faint and grow weary. But we serve a God who is not faint and does not grow weary. We serve a God who loves us in spite of our weakness.

Hallelujah, Holy Holy
God Almighty, Great I AM
Who is worthy? None besides Thee
God Almighty, Great I AM

Yes, that's the God we serve. Untouchable in holiness, yet clothed in humanity. Awesome in power, yet overflowing in love.

I want to be near, near to your heart
Loving the world, and hating the dark
I want to see dry bones, living again
Singing as one...

For me, true worship is true joy. There is something about worshiping God that transcends this earth and takes me to the doorway of heaven. I can leave my troubles behind and bask in the presence of God. What a privilege; what an honor.

Hallelujah, Holy Holy
God Almighty, Great I AM
Who is worthy? None besides Thee
God Almighty, Great I AM

The mountains shake before Him
The demons run and flee
At the mention of His name
King of Majesty
There is no power in Hell
Or any who can stand
Before the power and the presence of the Great I Am
Great I AM, great I AM

Amen.


"Great I AM" -New Life Worship

No comments:

Post a Comment