Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 15

I'm really joyful right now. It's one of those days where life is just right. I worked this morning for seven hours, and I actually feel like I got something accomplished today. Also, I don't have to work again until Monday, which is a nice feeling. My brother shared a new song with me, and it has become a favorite. Ironically, the lyrics have a similar flavor of this blog: enjoying the little moments with the ones you love. If you would like to hear it, it is Lady Antebellum's "Heart of the World" from their "Own the Night" album. Additionally, I have planned the menus for two dinners next week with friends, figured out what I am bringing to Ignite and small group, figured out dinner tonight, and am looking forward to getting started on making the Christmas stockings. I realize that I have already mentioned the stockings twice in this blog, am I'm sure that they will get mentioned again since creating things gives me great joy, so I'll be sure to post a picture of them when they are done. I'm also looking forward to the worship night on Saturday and the time we get to spend with family and friends over the next week.

This is the type of joy that I want to live in every day, the type of joy that I want to bring to others. It's not big and flashy; it's quiet and content. It's the joy that comes from a job well done, and the anticipation of good times in the future. It's the joy that comes from living life well. I've tasted it, so now the goal is to learn how to live in it every day. My journey has just begun.

May the God of peace grant you joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment