Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Day 77

Tomorrow my husband and I leave for California to attend his best friend's wedding.  So today I went shopping for the trip.  While wandering around collecting road-trip munchies and paraphernalia, I came across my friend who works there.  We chatted for about ten minutes, and then I continued my wandering while he continued stacking dog treats on the end cap.

I don't know why it is, but I love seeing people I know while I'm working.  If I see someone I know while I'm out and about that's great, but if I see them at Kohl's while I'm working then I've hit the jackpot. I think a lot of people are like this.  There is something extra special that happens when someone comes to where you work.  For me,  it provides a highlight in the midst of monotonous tasks.  I usually keep working if I run into someone I know so that I don't waste company time, but the work is more interesting with someone to talk to.  Yesterday, my brother stopped by for just a moment while I was at work and it made me happy. He didn't stay for long, but it was good just to see him.

I'm glad I ran into my friend today.  It provided a highlight for me and I hope that it provided a highlight for him.  Sometimes it's so easy to encourage someone you know and all you have to do is stop by their work for a quick hello.

May you find joy in seeing friends while you work.

No comments:

Post a Comment