Monday, February 20, 2012

Day 70

I am reading through a book by D.A.Carson called, "A Call to Spiritual Reformation".  I have heard high praise for D.A. Carson's books and now I know why.  I have only read the first four chapters but they have already been impactful and hopefully life-changing.  In this book he goes through the prayers of Paul in the New Testament and uses them as a model for us to follow when we pray.  There is a lot to learn from Paul's prayers.  In one chapter there is eight pages of Paul's prayers pulled from scripture.  Two things become very clear when you read all of the prayers one after the other.  One: Paul loved the Lord Jesus Christ and His gospel.  Two: Paul loved the people of God.  I love reading the books that Paul wrote because you can hear his heart of love in every sentence.  It gave me great joy today to read through his prayers and hear his passion for Christ and for His church.  I encourage to take some time this week and do the same.  I know that you will be deeply encouraged.

May you find joy in the Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment