Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 75

There seems to have been lots of significant news in my life recently. Not in my life precisely, but in the lives of people I know which in turn affects me. It seems like sometimes you can go for months at a time without anything exciting happening, and then suddenly everything happens at once.  This feels like an everything-happening-at-once time.  Some of it is good news and some of it is bad news, but in either case things are happening.  I must confess that I like these times more than the slow times.  I have a problem of getting bored easily and that causes a spiral of over-commitment and eventual burn-out.  I know the cycle, but I still do it if I start getting bored.  In my opinion anything is better than being bored.  That's why I like the "things are happening" times; they keep things interesting.

 I don't think that it is a coincidence that I am learning about prayer in my seminary class this month while all these things are happening.  God is teaching me how to pray, and then He is providing lots of things to practice on.  It's a good thing, too, because I realize that I need lots of practice.  It's such a privilege to see God work in my life and in the lives of people I know and love.  It's also a privilege to come confidently before the throne of grace with my needs and requests and know that God hears me and  delights in answering me. May you find joy in prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment