Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 72

I ran out of the house this morning already late from when I normally leave for work.  That's when I discovered that it was snowing.  Actually, that description is a little tame. That's when I discovered that it was a blizzard outside.  Brushing off my car put me further behind schedule, and so did the discovery that the roads were indeed very icy.  I discovered that when I did a little shimmy on my first stop.  Normally on snowy/icy days I have an alternate route to work that avoids hills but also takes longer.  Of course, normally I also realize that it is snowing before I leave for work and plan accordingly.  But today I didn't have extra time, so I decided to risk going over Austin Bluffs hill.  If you knew my history of accidents in the snow, you would probably not think that was a good idea.  Add to the fact that visibility was way down due to the furiously blowing snow and it turns into a bad idea.  But I did it anyway. 

And...


I made it to work safely.  No one ran into me, and I didn't hit any curbs, or cars, or anything else either.  That's enough to make anyone grateful, and especially me.  About an hour later I heard on the news that they closed Austin Bluffs hill due to icy conditions.  Thank you, Lord, for keeping me safe.

May you find joy in the Lord's protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment