Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day 92

Ever since my sister got engaged, I have been very nostalgic about planning my wedding a year ago.  I've looked at the pictures again, thought about the wonderful, exciting time that it was, and have remembered all of the sweet memories leading up to and on that day.  I hate to brag, but I had the best wedding ever.  However, I do believe that you will have or have already had the best wedding ever as well.  You will also marry the best man/woman on the planet, just like I did. It's neat how that works out.

Anyway, I've been nostalgic this past week and it's been pretty fun.  I mean, what wouldn't be fun about thinking about the happiest day of your life?  As a rule, I try not to dwell too much on happy days in the past because it is very easy to fall into discontentment about present conditions, especially when the past is bathed in the sunny light of pleasantly selective memories. However, I consider my wedding day an exception to the rule.  I believe that it is helpful to remember the day when I vowed before God and a church full of witnesses to love and honor my husband for as long I or he lives.  It's also helpful to remember that the wedding ceremony and marriage itself is a picture of the relationship between Christ and His Church.  Yes, instead of merely wistful thinking, remembering back to my wedding day is not only helpful it is also important and even vital to do so.  I need to remember, because like all things, it is all too easy to forget.

May you find joy in remembering.

No comments:

Post a Comment