Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 91

It's March, and it's beautiful outside.  I can't believe that our nice weather has lasted as long as it has, and that it is supposed to keep going for another week or so.  I've been enjoying it so much.  Almost everyday I go outside to read and soak up some sun.   This used to be a relaxing experience, but with the puppy it is now an adventure.  Sometimes he will go for awhile and other times it happens pretty early on, but at some point he decides that the best place in the whole yard to chew on his stick is on my lap.  Suddenly I have a 20lb dog on top of me who is constantly dropping his stick off of the side and who is very happy to substitute my hand for his stick once it disappears.  I don't have to tell you that fending off little teeth and continually picking up sticks isn't the most conducive activity for reading.  Once the lap becomes the location of choice, I pretty much have to give up reading while enjoying the sun and have to pick one or the other.  That's okay, though.  The puppy has probably prevented me from getting sun-burned a couple of times when I've made a hasty retreat indoors to finish the chapter, and for that I am grateful.

I've told you that I could write a book about lessons I've learned from my dog about my relationship with Christ, and this is one of those times.  How often has God put something in my life that is a little uncomfortable, and because of that I move in a different direction than I was planning on and that saves me from something worse? It really makes me think.  God works in mysterious ways, and it is a joy and a privilege when God reveals a little bit of His plan to you and you can start putting the dots together and seeing the picture.  I love that.

May you find joy in finding the dots and seeing the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment