Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 79

The day was warm with a gentle breeze slipping through the palm, pine, and cherry trees.  The air was perfumed with freesia, orchids, cherry blossoms, and an array of other flowers.  The stream splashed over the rocks and under the red bridge adorned with deep blue hydrangeas. 

It was a beautiful day for a wedding.

I've been to a fair share of weddings, and I think this one was one of the best.  Not only was the location gorgeous, the food was excellent and the bride and groom accessible, but on top of that it was just plain fun!  The number of guests was smaller than most weddings I have been to, but because of that it felt more intimate and I felt comfortable talking to people I didn't know, of which there were many.  One of the best things was the photo booth they rented for the reception--a great idea that I am going to recommend to friends who are getting married.

There is a lot of time, money, and effort that goes into planning a wedding, and it is always nice to see when it is done well.  The guests have a good time, the bride and groom have a good time, and it gives a wonderful start to two people beginning their lives together.  The last couple of days have been a whirlwind for my husband and I, but we are so blessed to have been able to make the trip out to California to see our friends get married.  God is good and God is faithful.

May you find joy in weddings.

No comments:

Post a Comment