Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 90

Wow.  That was a weekend.  I don't know about you, but mine consisted of searching for reception sites, preliminary bridal shower and wedding planning long-distance with my sister, lots of entertaining and getting together with friends, and being a movable chew-toy for the dog. 

This morning my husband let me sleep in and for the first time in three days I didn't feel tired when I woke up. It was glorious. Today was similar to the weekend, but it felt much less stressful and the dog didn't chew on me quite as much, which was nice. Tonight we had dinner with friends at our apartment, and as we were leaving I went to go check when I was working tomorrow.  I was in for a shock.  I'm not scheduled to work tomorrow.  I was scheduled to work this morning.  Oh.  Messed up there.

I admit I have mixed feeling right now.  I can't say that I am heartbroken about not waking up at 5:00 o'clock tomorrow morning, but I do feel bad about leaving them hanging at work this morning.  At least I wasn't scheduled for the most important job, which is some consolation, but this is the first time in over two years where I missed work because I messed up my schedule. There's a first time for everything, I guess.  The only thing to do now is to go to bed and enjoy an unexpected full night of rest.

May you find joy in the unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment