Monday, March 19, 2012

Day 87

Cue "Mission Impossible" music:

Dun dun, du du Dun dun, Dah dun...

My mission today was to get a new purse.  The time had come where the handles on my purse were disintegrating, and as much as I loved it and no matter how perfect it was, I knew the time had come to find a replacement.  I am a one-purse kind of woman.  I have one purse which I carry everywhere for a couple of years until it wears out, and then I find a new purse to carry for the next couple of years. I don't have a different purse for every outfit or every occasion.  Because of this, I really need to like my one purse.

I felt like I had high expectations when I left.  I wanted a smallish sized purse with short rounded handles that was less than $30.00.  Yep, those were my qualifications, and from working in the accessories business, I felt like those were rather high.  If you are unaware of this fact, the trend in purses now is for them to be big.  Really big.  Diaper-bag big.  Pack your entire life big.  You get the picture. Bigger is better right now in the purse world.  I don't like big purses.  They are too heavy and provide too much temptation for putting more stuff in them than needed, thus making them even heavier.  My other qualification was short rounded handles.  I spend a lot of holding my purse in my hand instead of over my shoulder, and rounded handles are the most comfortable to hold in your hand.  They also need to be fairly short so you aren't dragging your purse behind you if you are holding it down by your side.

So I started my mission.  The first place I looked I found one that met my qualifications, but it was a weird taupey-grey color that I wasn't sure about.  I didn't have a specific color in mind that I wanted, but I feel like you should be able to positively define the color of your purse for principle's sake. The next store I found one an aqua one I liked, but it turned out to be Italian leather and $55.  The next store was a bust.  The last store I went to was promising from the start.  I found a couple of possibles, and then I saw IT.  It was a metallic champagne purse with a flower embellishment on the front.  It was the same size as my current purse, and it was $25.  Bingo.  It doesn't have rounded handles, but the handles are soft enough so they don't hurt my hands.  It's different. It's girly.  It's me.

Mission accomplished.

May you find joy in accomplishing missions.

No comments:

Post a Comment