Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 82

It finally happened. I kept clinging to the hope that one day it would, and today was today.  Yes, people, today I vacuumed.

Okay, okay, I realize that maybe you were looking for something a little more momentous, something with a little more dazzle or spice.  Well, I'm sorry if you're not as excited about vacuuming as I am.   If it helps I also shook the rugs, swept, dusted, and mopped, but the thing I was most excited about was the vacuuming.

I realize at this point you probably think that I am a complete slob who vacuumed for the first time in my married life today.  Not so.  My goal is to clean the house at least once a week along with tidying up on an as-needed bases.  But a long series of events have kept me from my regular cleaning for several weeks.  It doesn't take me that long to clean, about an hour usually, so you can imagine how frustrating it is to know that I only need an hour to make the apartment beautiful again and being unable to find that hour.  Simply put, I've been busy.  It would have been easy to let it slide again today because I went from having a completely free afternoon to working all afternoon, but I had had enough.  I needed to clean if it killed me.  I found a twenty minute slot and a twenty-five minute slot and made the most of them.  There are still things that need done, but it is so much better, and I am so much happier.

May you find joy in cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment