Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 60

I had a great weekend planned.  Friday afternoon I was going to get together with and friend and Friday evening we were going to go to ladies fellowship at church.  Saturday morning I was going to get together with another friend and we were going to get fabric for some dresses we are working on. On Saturday evening is when our church's college and career group meets, and it was another chance to talk with the Korean students that were there last week.

But I didn't do any of that.

Friday morning when I got up for work I didn't feel very good.  By the time I got back from work four hours later I was feeling worse.  It felt like I had a ton of bricks sitting on my chest.  I laid around all day yesterday, and I spent today alternating between laying down and watching movies, laying down and reading, and laying down and napping.  I don't remember the last time I was so bored, and yet I don't have the energy to do anything about it.  I can't even get some things done on the computer because I find that I have to prop myself up or else I slump over, which is what I am doing now. Am I feeling sorry for myself? Yeah, I am a little bit.

As I write this blog and think about how weak I am and how all of my plans for this weekend got cancelled, I'm also thinking about how my hope does not rest in this life.  Yes, I am disappointed that I didn't get to spend time with my friends, but there will be other opportunities for that.  My time on this earth is only temporary, and sickness and disappointments are part of the package.  But one day I will leave this earth and go to a place where there is no sickness, nor pain, nor tears. Last Sunday we sang a song called "Soon" and I love they lyrics of it.  The chorus goes:

"I will be with the One I love
With unveiled face I'll see Him
There my soul will be satisfied
Soon and very soon."

There my soul will be satisfied. Amen.
May you find joy in the hope of eternity with the One you love.


No comments:

Post a Comment