Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 58

On Saturday night I had the joy of fellowshipping with a group of Korean exchange students who are here for a month to learn English.  I had met them the previous Sunday when they had come to church, and it had been arranged to switch our church's college and career group to a different house so that we could get to know them better and help them practice English.  We had a great time.  It was fun talking to them and learning about Korea and what they are studying and about the dozen other things that we discussed while trying to keep the conversation in basic English.  That part was great, but the part I enjoyed the most was when we gathered together and sang a few worship songs together.  Whenever I have had the opportunity to worship with people from other parts of the world, I think to myself, "This is what heaven is going to be like!"  People from every language, tribe, and tongue will be there and we will all worship our Lord and Savior together.  I find that very exciting.

So often I get bogged down in this life.  Day in and day out it's easy to get caught up in the million of little things that need to get done and lose focus of the bigger picture.  I get sucked into my own little world where I am in the leading role and everything revolves around me.  This is a dangerous place to find myself because my perspective has gotten warped.  I think that's why I enjoy traveling so much, and why I love getting to know people from other cultures.  It helps me keep my perspective focused by showing me that there is more out there than just my city or my state or even my country.  There is a whole world out there and God is working in all of it, and I am just a tiny little piece of the puzzle.  The more that I realize my own insignificance, and the more that I realize how much God loves insignificant people, and the more that I understand the fact that God loving insignificant people makes them significant, the more joy I have in my life.  It's that simple.

May you find joy in seeing the bigger picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment