Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 51

Two weeks ago at church I was standing at the welcome center looking around at all of my friends and family in Christ,  I was overwhelmed by a feeling.  This morning while driving to work that same feeling washed over me.

I'm happy.

I've tried to make it a point in this blog to differentiate between joy and happiness.  Happiness is a temporary feeling determined by events and situations.  Joy is an inward contentedness that is only truly found by believing in and loving Christ.  Joy and happiness are not mutually inclusive, but neither are they mutually exclusive.  It is possible to have one or the other, both or neither.  At this time I am blessed to have both.

My life is very different than it was a year ago.  In many ways it is better in some ways I've digressed and need to come back to where I was, and some things are still a work in progress.  But what I can say for certain is that God is good.  He is faithful.  He loves to bless His people, and I have been blessed.

In life there are storms and there are seasons of rest.  There are mountain tops and there are valleys. There are trials and there is peace. Everyone is at a different place in their journey.  From my short experience, the seasons of rest and peace are there to help you recover from the storms and trials, and the storms and trials make you so much more grateful for the rest and peace.  This is a season of rest and peace for me.  I've been through storms and trials and I know that they will come again, but for the moment I will rest in the arms of God and be grateful for this season that He has given me.  I'm not going to worry about what might happen and I'm not going to dwell on the past.  I'm just going to live right now for the glory of God, and be joyful.

May you find joy in the journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment