Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 52

Much joy in my life comes from using the talents God has given me to serve others. Right now I am working on two projects for different people, and I am enjoying both of them very much. That makes sense, doesn't it? I am doing what God created me to do, and there is always a certain satisfaction that comes from doing what one was made to do.

My parents recently got a new puppy.  He is part Heeler, and Heelers are herding dogs.  Their natural instinct is to herd things, and we have already seen this demonstrated with the new puppy.  Starting on the first day they got him, if anyone left the room the puppy was right on their heels, seeing where they were going. A couple of times my mom went downstairs and the puppy didn't know where she was.  He dashed down the hallway to my parent's room looking for her, because that is where he thought she would be.   He was made to keep track of things, and since there is a lack of sheep at my parent's house, the only thing to keep track of is people. He is doing what he was made to do.

A lot of people want jobs where they can use their particular talents. I understand that.  From experience I know that it is more satisfying to work at a job that uses your skills than at a job that anyone can do.  I'm at a job like that now, and it's not very challenging.  But just because my job doesn't require my skills doesn't mean that I can't use them.  I volunteer to help at a lot of things, I do some free-lance work, and I'm always on the look-out for ways that I can bless someone with what God has given me. It's a joy to do so.

May you find joy in your gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment