Monday, April 9, 2012

Days 96-101

My last post was almost a week ago (Eek!) and there have been a lot of joy-filled days since then.  There were also a lot of days that were just plain filled, which is why I haven't had time to write my blog in a while.  So today will be a re-cap of the last week.

Day 96: My grandpa went into the hospital because of some problems, and the doctors thought it was a perforated bowel.  This was not good news, especially for a 90 year old man who already has some serious health problems.  However, by the end of the day they had decided it was not a perforated bowel and was instead a re-lapse of an earlier problem which isn't as serious.  God is good!

Day 97: Tonight my husband and I went over to celebrate a friend's birthday.  It was a good night with a close group of friends, and it was good to spend time with some people that I don't see as much as I used to.  It's always good to re-connect and strengthen friendships.

Day 98: When I first woke up today I mistakenly called today Black Friday instead of Good Friday.  I could see my mistake, though.  The day that the Son of God died for my sins was indeed black, just as much as it was good.  The torture device that brought so much pain and death to Jesus now brings us so much life and joy.  The separation between the Father and the Son now means that we will never be separated from God. It's a beautiful picture, and it is indeed good.

Day 99:  Allow me a moment to brag on my husband.  When we got back from Ignite tonight I developed a horrible pain in my stomach.  I needed to make deviled eggs for Easter, but was unable to because of how much it hurt.  He put a TV show on for me, made me some bubbly water, then finished peeling the eggs and did all of the dishes.  Isn't he the greatest?

Day 100: Easter!  How appropriate that it should fall on day 100.  Every day the gospel brings me joy, but there is extra joy on the day that we specifically set aside to remember the resurrection of our Lord.  This Easter was extra special because we had warm, beautiful weather, a Christ-exalting church service, we celebrated at my sister's new house and my extended family was able to meet her fiance for the first time, and I was able to have a very good discussion with an unbelieving family member about the gospel, sin, and the nature of man.  Praise God!

 Day 101: Today I am home. If I remember correctly, I think that it has been over two and a half weeks since I have been home for either a full morning or a full afternoon.  It has been so nice to get projects done that have been pushed aside by more urgent things for way too long.  I love doing things and seeing people, but at some point I just love being home, too. It's good to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment