Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 104

When I start listening to "Boston" on repeat, it usually means I'm a little down, for whatever reason.  It's when the thought of running away and starting a new life somewhere is really appealing.  It's appealing because at the time I'm bored or tired of struggling or worn out and a fresh start is the easy way out.  It's always easier and more exciting to run away than to endure the slow trudge of everyday life.  It's easier to start new relationships sometimes than to heal the broken ones. It's easier to distract yourself with the new and the different than to focus on the old and figure out a solution.

I listened to "Boston" on repeat today. 

I didn't, however, listen because of any of the above reasons.  I listened because I'm feeling down in my search for a job.  It's been hard to even find a job opening that I'm interested in, and then out of all of the applications I've submitted I haven't heard back from a single one.   I know that employers are overwhelmed by job applications, I know that, but it's still a little disheartening at the same time.  Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever find a job that I really enjoy or care about, since the things that I want to do I don't have experience in, and the things I have experience in I don't want to do.  From my perspective, it sometimes feels hopeless.

However, I try not to dwell on my perspective.  I try to remember that God has a plan and my purpose in life is to glorify Him, whether that is at a job I love or a job I don't. I can glorify Him if I work nine hours a week or forty hours a week.  I am not defined by my job; I am defined by the fact that Christ counted my life worth the price of His own. He bought me with His love, and now I live for Him.  That is what I try to dwell on.

May you find joy in remembering the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment