Friday, April 13, 2012

Day 102

My church sends out its weekly update on Friday.   Most of it stays pretty much the same week by week, but there is sometimes new information, so I like to skim through it just to make sure.  Today I got the email, and as usual I skimmed it.  It was about the same as it normally is--until I got to the very bottom.  Way down on bullet point thirteen there were two needs: One for an outdoor table, and one for a clothes dryer.  The clothes dryer was needed for only a few months before the family moves to the east coast.

I know this family fairly well.  Both of our families have been at the church for many, many years, I have done some design work for them, and last year the wife had a pampered chef party with me.  The reason they are moving is because for over two years they have trusted the Lord to find a job for the husband, and God has answered their prayer.  Theirs has been an incredible journey of faith in God to provide for them, and He has.  They have shared amazing stories about how God has met their needs time and time again, even when they haven't had a steady income.  I don't think anybody will ever have a fuller understanding of what it means to trust God than when He is literally providing for your needs day by day.

So I see that this family needs a dryer for a couple of months.  Usually my first thought would be that this is kind of an odd request, because most people don't have extra dryers hanging around. But, as I've shared, this is a family who knows what it means to trust God, and they are trusting Him for a dryer.  And, I said I would usually think that is an odd request. However, my husband and I just so happen to have an extra dryer hanging around, so it wasn't that odd at all.  We were blessed to receive a washer and dryer before we got married but we have had to put them in storage until we move to a bigger place.  Voila! We have a dryer.  They need a dryer.  Isn't God great?

May you find joy in God's provision.

No comments:

Post a Comment