Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 30

Sunday is family day for my husband and I. We go over to one of our parents' houses and watch football, play games, take naps, maybe do some laundry or whatever else comes up. I like Sundays. We are blessed to have both sets of parents living in the same town as us, and although that would not be the ideal situation for some people, it is for us. We both love spending time with our families and in-laws, and being able to see them regularly is a joy.

I know that having in-laws that you really enjoy being with is not very common. Having both spouses feel that way about both sets of in-laws is even rarer. Because of this, I am extremely humbled that God would grant it to my husband and I. There was a time in our relationship when it seemed like having a good relationship with one of our families would be impossible. You never realize how much you value something until it is taken away, and God did take it away for a time. But by His grace He restored the relationship. I don't take that relationship for granted anymore; I treasure it instead.

I realize this post is short and sweet, but that's all I can think of to say. If you have a good relationship with your family, praise God! If you don't, work on creating one. I know firsthand that relationships can be restored, and you are never too far away for God to work. There is hope, and may that bring you joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment