Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 114

Wow.  The last two weeks have been a roller coaster to say the least. I read a saying that described it accurately: "I try to live one day at a time, but sometimes several days happen all at once."  Life has been full and tiring.  I worked some crazy hours last week at the florist for Mother's Day, we bought a car, the Ignite Retreat was last weekend, and in the midst of it all my family found out that my grandfather has been put on hospice care and will soon be with Jesus, which means that I am back on puppy duty while my mom is away.

I want to share about the retreat, but not now.  I think I need a few more days to process everything.  All I will say is that it was the topic was something I needed to hear and apply to my life.

There has been so much going on and yet I don't know what to say.  It's hard waiting for someone you love to die.  It's easier that we've known that it has been coming for a long time, but it is still not easy. My grandpa was a faithful follower of Christ and a great example to his children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.  He is deeply loved, and will be greatly missed.

I'm tired, but I'm at peace. God is in control, and even though so many things are up in the air right now, I know that it's going to be alright.  I'm taking it one day at a time.

May you find joy in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment