Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 113

I had a job interview today.  In times like this, it is always nice when God gives you a clear direction, a one door open and another door closed type of thing.  God gave me a clear direction: the door was strongly, firmly, and rapidly shut.

The interview was going well for the first four minutes.  I felt fairly comfortable and confident while going through work history and what-not.  And then came the question:  Are you available to work on Sundays?  This surprised me, mainly because this company is not opened on Sundays, and that was one of the reason I was excited about this job.  My answer: I don't like to, but I will work Sunday afternoons and evenings if I have to.  It turns out that this company is moving towards being open seven days a week, and that change will probably happen within the next year.  They need someone with availability starting at 10:00am on Sundays.  That person is not me.  Going to church is a huge priority in my life, and I will not change that priority for my job.  After that, the interview was basically over.  I was in and out of there in ten minutes.

Was it disappointing?  Yes it was.  Was it nice to know immediately that this wasn't going anywhere?  Yes it was.  My prayer throughout this whole thing was that God would be glorified in my life no matter the outcome, and I will continue to pray for that.  May God grant my prayer.

May you find joy even when the door is closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment